This program is being offered by The World in a Garden in Vancouver from August 8-12, 2011. Cost is $250 per child. In addition to looking like a great program, at a fair price, the The World in a Garden website is inspiring for those of us concerned about urban agriculture and children. If you are in Vancouver, whether you have children or not, see if there is a way you can support this program or consider contacting them about starting one where you live.
Passport to Permaculture: A Kid’s Camp
- 1636 – Charm City Farms Round Table, Part 2 — Click here to download the episode. We return again to Charm City Farms with Victoria Greba and Eric Kelly in this conversation recorded earlier this year as part of a visit to speak more about The Forager’s Apprentice. In this session members of the live audience that day ask questions and share their thoughts [...]
- 1613 – Philly Round Table, Part 1 — Click here to download the episode. My guests for this episode are Nate Kleinman of the Experimental Farm Network, Paul Glover the founder of Philadelphia Orchard Project, Robyn Mello of Philadelphia Orchard Project, and Kirtrina Baxter of Public Interest Law Center, in this first of the Philadelphia Round Table conversations, recorded earlier this year [...]
- 1611 – Permanent Multi-Culture with Robyn Mello — Click here to download the episode. My guest today is Robyn Mello, the program director for Philadelphia Orchard Project, and is a deeper look at her life, work, and thoughts within and beyond that project, which she provided a brief overview to in Episode 1609: An Introduction to the Philadelphia Orchard Project. Give that [...]
- Episode 1532: The Permaculture City with Toby Hemenway — Click here to download the episode.Like this podcast? Become a Patron. My guest for this episode is Toby Hemenway, author of the longstanding favorite book on ecological design Gaia’s Garden. His next blockbuster The Permaculture City, was recently released by Chelsea Green. This latest volume, focusing on urban landscapes, forms the basis for the [...]
- Episode 1530: Urban Permaculture in Baltimore, Maryland — Click here to download the episode. Click here to download the episode.Like this podcast? Become a Patron. My guests for this episode are Eric and Victoria of Charm City Farms, a permaculture based urban agriculture initiative that focuses on educating and supporting individuals and communities in and around Baltimore, Maryland. During the conversation today [...]